Smart storage is a feature of Nextbit OS which allows Robin to seamlessly expand your available storage on your phone. With Robin, 100 GB of cloud-based storage is integrated right into Android OS.
Whenever Robin’s plugged in and connected to Wi-Fi, it syncs with the cloud to create space on your device. Four lights on the back let you know that Robin is busy solving your storage issues.
Months before you ever run out of storage, Robin anticipates you’ll need more space and continually syncs your apps and photos. Because it only syncs whenever it’s plugged in and on Wi-Fi, you don’t have to worry about battery drain or excess data charges.
Robin learns what you use, when you use it. When you need space, it archives the things you use least, so you always have space for what you want most. Since everything is already synced, Robin can even free up space in airplane mode.
What about my apps and photos?
All your apps are always at your fingertips. Even the ones that have been archived. In just a click any app restores just where you left off. The same is true for every photo you’ve ever taken. Pictures are downsampled to screen resolution and remain linked to the full-size version in the cloud.
What about videos on my phone?
Videos are not automatically saved to the cloud. You'll need to back those up via traditional methods, like:
- Connect your Robin to your computer via USB, set it in Disk Mode and locate the drive (on the desktop for Mac, in My Computer for Windows).
- Open the drive, find the DCIM folder, and drag the videos you'd like to back up onto your hard drive.
To set up smart storage on your Robin:
- Tap Settings on your home screen.
- Scroll down to the Device section and tap Smart storage.
- Tap the Sign in button.
- When prompted, sign in with your Google Account or create a new one.
- Smart storage will then ask for permission to “Know who you are on Google” and “View your basic profile info”. Tap Allow to complete the setup.
That’s it! We’ve got you covered from here.